The San Diego Convention Center, the City of San Diego, the Port of San Diego and the organizers of Comic-Con have announced a new traffic route that creates a pedestrian-only experience during Comic-Con International 2018.
Here are the two changes attendees and members of the public can expect during the event:
- HARBOR DRIVE WILL BE CLOSED TO VEHICLE TRAFFIC (including bikes, scooters and skateboards) between First Avenue and Park Boulevard during Comic-Con International, with the exception of shuttle buses and emergency vehicles. Cars will be screened at First Avenue and Park Boulevard.
- ONLY BADGED MEMBERS (attendees of Comic-Con International 2018) may access the front drive, stairs and surrounding sidewalks of the San Diego Convention Center.
By closing Harbor Drive, shuttles will be allowed to load and unload passengers directly from the street. One lane of Harbor Drive will be dedicated to shuttle loading and unloading for attendees.
Any exhibitor or attendee with a parking pass for the Ace Parking garage directly underneath the San Diego Convention Center will be allowed to drive through. All other drivers will be diverted away from the Convention Center.
WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING?
Harbor Drive will be closed to traffic (including bikes, scooters and skateboards) on the following days and times:
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 18 (3pm – 9pm)
- THURSDAY, JULY 19 (7am – 9pm)
- FRIDAY, JULY 20 (7am – 9pm)
- SATURDAY, JULY 21 (7am – 9pm)
- SUNDAY, JULY 22 (7am – 7pm)
All other times, Harbor Drive will reopen to traffic.
This information is all linked on the San Diego Convention Center’s blog: https://visitsandiego.com/2018/06/harbor-drive-closure-planned-during-comic-con.