Finding the perfect gift for liveaboards can be a challenging task. Fortunately, there are lots of great gift options available for people who live on a boat. We’ve put together this list of 23 practical and useful gifts so you can find one or more that your favorite liveaboard is sure to appreciate and that supports the lifestyle of living on a boat.
Take a look at our list of gear, tools, and essential accessories! No matter how much you’re willing to spend, our list can help you pick out a great gift. Let’s start shopping!
The Best Gifts for Liveaboards at a Glance
- Best for Sustainable Living Enthusiasts: Renogy 100 Watt Solar Flexible Kit
- Best for Explorers: Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station
- Best for Him: Garmin InReach Mini Handheld Iridium Satellite Communicator
- Best for Her: Kindle Paperwhite
- Best for Fitness Fanatics: Theragun Mini
- Best for Coffee Lovers: Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Coffee Machine
- Best for Homebodies: Mosobam 700 GSM Luxury Bamboo Extra Large Bathroom Set
- Best for Foodies: Magma Products, A10-366-2 Gourmet Nesting Stainless Steel Cookware Set
How We Chose the Best Gifts for Liveaboards
- Usefulness: Since we are boaters and have been living on various boats for over 10 years, we know what is important for both safety and comfort when living on a boat.
- Price: While we recommend gifts for different budgets, we prioritize value for money and prefer equipment that is sturdy and reliable, and we are in favor of waterproof electronics.
- Feedback: We choose products that have mostly positive feedback and prefer gear that our team tried and tested.
- Standards: We don’t recommend products that don’t align with our ethical standards.
Our Picks of the Best Gifts for Liveaboards
1. Renogy 100 Watt Solar Flexible Kit
The use of solar energy is at an all-time high, and for a good reason. Implementing solar energy is a terrific option for many liveaboards to save money, have dependable access to power, and be green as energy prices continue to rise and the cost of solar panels continues to fall.
The Renogy 100W Flexible panels are lightweight and thin, take up very little space, and have a waterproof charge controller and watertight design, offering great value for money. Overall this makes a great boating gift.
2. Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station
Jackery, established in 2012 in California, is a leading solar generator brand and a pioneer in the solar generator sector.
The Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station is a rechargeable battery-powered generator. Equipped with an AC outlet, DC carport, and USB charging ports, they can power seven devices simultaneously, including laptops, mobile phones, power tools, and larger appliances such as air-conditioners and refrigerators.
3. Garmin InReach Mini Handheld Iridium Satellite Communicator
Every liveaboard needs an affordable satellite messenger—even the ones staying at remote marinas.
Usually, global satellite communications are very expensive. Thanks to this handy device, with the touch of a few buttons, a liveaboard can have a highly affordable two-way communications device. It will also allow them to stay connected via the Iridium Satellites even in case of an emergency.
Garmin InReach Mini is great two ways communicator (and not a cell phone) not only for liveaboards but also for climbing, camping, and any outdoor adventures where there is no cell phone coverage.
4. Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhite is waterproof and is the thinnest, lightest Kindle on the market. The nearest bookstore or library might be far away for someone living on a boat, but this Kindle can store thousands of books and magazines and runs for up to six weeks on a single battery charge.
5. Theragun Mini
With three speeds and a long battery life of 150 minutes, the compact Theragun Mini is ideal for people living on a boat. Using the portable tool may ease muscular tension, tightness, and pain.
You may switch up your regular massage and focus on certain muscle regions with the Theragun Mini’s basic ball attachment and the other fourth-generation attachments.
6. Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Coffee Machine
For a liveaboard, it can be challenging or even impossible to go and visit a coffee shop. Also, why stand in lengthy lines for a $5+ coffee?
Liveaboards can easily brew a delicious cup of coffee with the touch of a button in their boat’s kitchen area.
7. Mosobam 700 GSM Luxury Bamboo Extra Large Bathroom Set
Next time your favorite liveaboard goes for a swim or takes a shower, they can use these luxurious spa towels made of only the finest Organic Bamboo Viscose and Aegean Turkish Cotton.
There are over eight colors and ten towel sets to choose from!
8. Magma Products, A10-366-2 Gourmet Nesting Stainless Steel Cookware Set
If someone lives on a boat, that does not mean they cannot have great food. The Magma Stainless Steel Cookware Set is built to last, is non-stick, and does an excellent job dispersing heat. Boaters, sailors, and RV fans praised this cookware in their reviews on Amazon.
9. Yeti Drinkware
The YETI Rambler series is as durable as they come and will keep your beverages cold or hot for hours. Due to their double-wall vacuum insulation, and rugged stainless steel construction, they are ideal for extended stays on the water.
10. Garmin Quatix 6 Sailing Watch
Not only for sailors, the Garmin Quatix 6 is also a multisport smartwatch with specialized marine features and full connectivity with compatible Garmin chartplotters and other compatible marine products.
Autopilot control? Check. Sail racing assistance? Data streaming, including speed, depth, temperature, and wind? Check. This is THE smartwatch that your favorite liveaboard will love to get.
11. Oakley Split Shot Sunglasses
The Oakley Men’s OO9416 Split Shot Rectangular Sunglasses is specifically designed for watersports. These sunglasses are lightweight, easy to fit, available in 14 colors, and have polarized lenses with UV Protection coating.
12. Ocean Signal rescueMe MOB1
The most important thing on a boat is safety first. Ocean Signal rescueME MOB1 improves the chance of rapid rescue if someone falls overboard from a vessel. The MOB1 has simple life jacket integration.
It is automatically activated in case a man goes overboard (code: “Oscar”) and will send out an alert signal to any nearby AIS receivers and plotters supporting AIS. Thanks to the built-in GPS, your boat and any others that may be nearby will always know exactly where you are.
13. Hydro Flask Insulated Food Jar
Hydro Flask Insulated Food Jar is perfect for hot meals, especially when you have no microwave around to warm up your meals. The food will stay hot for hours. Rugged stainless steel build with a leakproof cup make this a practical gift for liveaboards.
14. GoPro HERO10 Black
One of the most adaptable cameras on the market, the GoPro HERO10 Waterproof Action Camera offers rapid speed and unmatched simplicity.
The HERO10, with its groundbreaking GP2 processor, can shoot 5.3K video at better frame rates and 23MP still pictures, with improved low-light performance and video stabilization in all modes.
15. JBL Charge 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
JBL Charge 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker is a compact Bluetooth speaker that delivers full-range, high-power music and doubles as a portable power bank.
Liveaboards will never have to worry about running out of music again thanks to the speaker’s high-capacity rechargeable Li-ion battery, allowing up to 20 hours of playback. It has a durable design, a waterproof shell, and JBL Connect.
16. Tilley Ltm6 Airflo Broad Brim
The Tilley Ltm6 Airflo Broad Brim is an excellent sun hat that will keep a liveaboards head in the shade and protects from harmful UV rays. A stylish and practical accessory for any liveaboard.
17. Allies of Skin Peptides & Antioxidants Firming Daily Treatment
No liveaboard woman is at her best when dealing with dehydrated skin due to the damaging effects of the sun, strong winds, and spending plenty of time on the deck. You might not be able to gift her a treatment with a personal cosmetologist, but this 5-in-1 supercharged moisturizer is the next best thing.
18. GoFit Ultimate ProGym – Portable Fitness Equipment
A great workout on a boat? People living on a boat typically don’t have much space, but that’s not a problem with the GoFit Ultimate ProGym.
This fitness product includes a professionally developed exercise manual, training DVD, and fitness equipment, including three rubber resistance bands. It’s lightweight, portable, and comes at an excellent price. It has never been a better time to get fit and keep active on the boat!
19. Philips Norelco Multi Groomer
The People Philips Norelco Multi Groomer is ideal for the gents living on a boat who might not have access to a barber.
The Norelco is great for all hair types, mustaches, and beards and comes with a small travel case.
20. Victorinox Skipper Blue – Swiss Army Pocket Knife
The Skipper pocket knife is like having a whole crew on hand, with all the standard Victorinox features plus sailing-specific tools like a shackle opener and a marlin spike. It is highly recommended for liveaboards, boaters, and sailors.
21. Coop Home Goods Original Loft Pillow
People living on a boat can get a great rest using the adjustable Coop Home Goods original loft pillow. We think this is the most comfortable pillow ever, and we tested many different pillows in over 60 countries.
22. Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Gooseneck Kettle
The Fellow EKG electric kettle is more than kitchen equipment capable of boiling water. It’s also a design statement.
Making a great cup of tea or coffee has never been easier than with this 304 stainless steel. Give them a Fellow EKG kettle, and any liveaboard can brew like a pro.
23. Life is Better on a Boat T-Shirt
Finally, because life is sooo much better on a boat than on land, what could be a better gift under $20 for liveaboards than this cool t-shirt?
The Bottom Line
There are many unique, fun, and highly practical liveaboard-themed boating gifts to choose from.
We’ve compiled a list of 23 of our favorite liveaboard-related products in the hopes that it may assist you in finding the perfect present for the boaters and liveaboards in your life. Whatever you decide to get a boating lover for the holidays, they’re sure to appreciate your gesture.
- Sailo Boat Rental Review 2022: Pros, Cons, & Verdict
- The Best Liveaboard Marinas In Florida In 2022
- 10 Best Liveaboard Marinas In The US In 2022
- The Best Gifts for Liveaboards at a Glance
- How We Chose the Best Gifts for Liveaboards
- Our Picks of the Best Gifts for Liveaboards
- 1. Renogy 100 Watt Solar Flexible Kit
- 2. Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station
- 3. Garmin InReach Mini Handheld Iridium Satellite Communicator
- 4. Kindle Paperwhite
- 5. Theragun Mini
- 6. Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Coffee Machine
- 7. Mosobam 700 GSM Luxury Bamboo Extra Large Bathroom Set
- 8. Magma Products, A10-366-2 Gourmet Nesting Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- 9. Yeti Drinkware
- 10. Garmin Quatix 6 Sailing Watch
- 11. Oakley Split Shot Sunglasses
- 12. Ocean Signal rescueMe MOB1
- 13. Hydro Flask Insulated Food Jar
- 14. GoPro HERO10 Black
- 15. JBL Charge 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 16. Tilley Ltm6 Airflo Broad Brim
- 17. Allies of Skin Peptides & Antioxidants Firming Daily Treatment
- 18. GoFit Ultimate ProGym – Portable Fitness Equipment
- 19. Philips Norelco Multi Groomer
- 20. Victorinox Skipper Blue – Swiss Army Pocket Knife
- 21. Coop Home Goods Original Loft Pillow
- 22. Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Gooseneck Kettle
- 23. Life is Better on a Boat T-Shirt
- The Bottom Line